Chess in Schools
Our School Programs
- 10-week program
- 1 hour per week (consisting of approximately 30 minutes of instruction/discussion and 30 minutes of playing)
- Following the initial hour, there is an optional 30-minutes of chess tutoring or playing (no additional charge)
- Grades 1-12 are eligible to participate
- All playing levels are welcome, including absolute beginners!
- Students will learn basic strategies and tactics
- Afterwards, they will be taught more sophisticated ideas and concepts
- Each student will begin as a Pawn (the first level) and progress their way up to a King (the 6th level) as they show their efficiency and mastery of topics within the curriculum
- Upon completion of the 6th level, the student will move onto a more advanced curriculum designed for a scholastic tournament player with the same six levels of Pawn to King
- Curriculum is compiled and structured by William Aramil, the Author of The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Chess Openings
For more information on the chess program we can build in your school, email us at:
Top 10 Benefits of Playing Chess
2. It teaches planning and foresight.
3. It improves concentration.
4. It increases your creativity.
5. It increases problem-solving skills.
6. It improves reading skills.
7. It improves your memory.
8. It exercises both sides of the brain.
9. It grows dendrites (neural connections).
10. It helps prevent Alzheimer’s.